Forum FFL-ASL
ASL pour les nuls … et les autres !

Hope PTO will not scare newer players, but rather encourage them !

Hors ligne Jacometti

• 7+1
    • +0/-0
Hi Guys,

I did read the small discussion about a full PTO round in the Arnhem ASL tournament....although I did not understand all of it, I did understand most of it.  This is your forum, feel free to use French and foreign members like me will do their best to follow what is going on.

When I went to my first ASL tournament in 2000, Peter Ladwein suggested we play a friendly, which happened to be Children of the Kunai. It was my first PTO scenario, I was gracefully offered to play the Australians and had a fantastic time. I certainly felt PTO was something I should not be afraid of, but enjoy as a quite different and exciting ASL experience.

In most cases, a player unfamiliar with PTO should simply choose the non-Japanese side. Expect to loose, but also expect to learn as much as possible. Those guys who come to try and WIN the tournament all are totally familiar with PTO, just as they are with OBA, Vehicle Bypass Sleeze, Voluntary Break, Building Control and all the rest of it. But for everyone else (that's about 30 out of 40 participants) winning is not very important and learning a new part of the hobby could be a great thing. So I hope no one should be scared of a PTO round !

And in case you are totally lost with PTO and unwilling to give it a try, you can always plead with your opponent to just let you have the Dutch/Indonesians with a small explanation on how to go about defending against the Japanese. Almost all ASL players I know are keen to show a new player new rules and new tricks.....

Best regards,

Peter Struijf

Best regards

Robin

• Invité
Hi Peter,
You are right.
PTO is a blast!
It really adds to the ASL experience.
I do hope that the COB/GH combined module will come out quickly, so newbies can get it.

Hors ligne Memenne

• 1-4-9
    • +50/-1
I do hope that the COB/GH combined module will come out quickly, so newbies can get it.

Yes, I think the main problem is a question of unavailibility of the chapter G.

For the rest, I completely agree with Peter and Robin.
Qui a dit que les hommes ne font jamais l'ASL ?